EdSmart – The New Place For ParentPaperwork
Customer Support Engineer
PWG is an innovative Australian education technology business. Our ParentPaperwork online forms platform replaces paper forms in K-12 schools and moves them to a software-as-a-service cloud. We have customers in eight countries and growing. Our office overlooks St Kilda Junction in Melbourne, close to both tram and train. It’s a small team but we don’t bite, and this is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a business that’s transforming the lives of school administrators through innovative automation of their paper-based processes.
Are you passionate about improving customer experience and transforming business relationships? Do you constantly find ways to solve technical problems and enhance communication and customer service? We’re looking for an enthusiastic, knowledgeable, tech-minded person to join our Customer Support team.
As a Customer Support Engineer you will own responsibility for customer satisfaction, engagement and technical support. You will be an experience-maker for our customers – passionate about teaching them how to solve a new problem or solve a problem differently.
The support team is responsible for helping ParentPaperwork users over the phone, web and email, whether for a simple password reset or complex data import configuration. On a typical day you might:
- Assist a user with the design of one of their forms
- Diagnose why an Office 365 single sign on user cannot log in
- Negotiate with a school IT manager to change their data import fields, and re-configure the SQL queries
- Collaborate with other PP staff to onboard a new school and configure their options
- Review a reported malfunction, and replicate and document the issue for patching
It’s essential that you have strong verbal and written communication skills, since you’ll be writing back and forth with users all day. You’ll need strong problem solving skills and personal initiative to track down challenging problems.
- Apply technical expertise using diagnostic tools to resolve standard configuration issues to complex system level issues.
- Field emails, support ticket and calls and communicate the status update with the customers while addressing all field issues until final resolution.
- Key contributor in updating the knowledge base
- Report and resolve bugs
- Understand, replicate, validate, and resolve customer service requests from customers and partners.
- Document and track case history, case status and solutions in our ticketing system (Groove)
- Provide a WOW experience through effective and timely communication with customers via phone, emails and online support tools about case status and solutions.
- 1+ years relevant work experience in customer-facing SaaS account management or technical support.
- Passionate about customer service and how it can transform businesses
- Self-motivated, proactive team player
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience
- Love for teamwork and commitment to building a world-class, enterprise-level global customer experience
- Working knowledge of SQL Server is essential, writing simple queries
- Working knowledge of HTML, JQuery, Bootstrap, JSON an advantage
- Some connection with K-12 schools is useful – apart from having attended one:)
This is a permanent position, with a three month initial probation. You will work from ParentPaperwork’s office in St Kilda (we are right on St Kilda Junction, close to tram, light rail and the train).